by January 24, 2015 updated on
TCT has compiled a list of development milestones for your 3 month old baby.
Now that the newborn stage is over, here is what is expected from a three month old cuddly-lovely of yours:
1. Growing stomach: Can accommodate more milk than before. If the baby is an exclusively breast-fed one, then it’s just the right time to introduce formula milk too. Start with very small quantity and you can later increase it basis the baby’s needs.
2. Strong reflexes are fading away & head movement is getting strong: Frighten reflex that was happening way too often during the first two months is now beginning to fade away. Besides, the neck strength is also improving, but you need to continue providing your little one with the head support for about another 2-3 months.
3. Attraction towards color and smiley faces: The baby is still in love with bright colors (not necessarily that of toys). Your baby will also stare back into your eyes so do maintain the eye contact each time you call him/her out.
4. Steady sleeping pattern: This month, you will see a good change in your baby’s sleep pattern. A stretch of six hours at a time (means a decent goodnight sleep) with just about 1 feed during the night (not with much fuss) means a happy baby and a happy mom!
5. Vision length and hearing is improving: Baby’s vision is definitely improving and their favorite sound is that of parents’ voices. By now, they are also enjoying the songs and lullabies you sing them to sleep or for their entertainment.Oh! And they love their mirror reflection!
Disclaimer: Each baby is different from the other in terms of developmental mileposts. Don’t panic if your baby hasn’t shown all of the above three-month-markers. However, do speak to your pediatrician if he/she hasn’t achieved even one of the indicators.
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”baby-growth-milestones” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]