Looking for healthy food recipes for your 6 month-old baby? We have got you covered. Introducing new flavors to your baby’s food diet after 6 months is a good idea. I introduced Brat H to Indian baby food recipes at 6 months and started with a few fruits. This included bowls of cereal, pulses, rice, and veggies. Sometimes I am still trying to figure out about weaning food. What more can be added to the balanced diet of my 8-month-old infant but the search for healthy food recipes for baby never ends.
Next month, he will be in the 9-12 months old age group! I know!! Time flies. Since he is getting bigger, he can eat various foods that are cooked in our family meal. Depending on the appetite, the infant needs to be fed 2-3 meals. Include 1-2 snacks to your baby having a variety of fruits and vegetables.
2 yummy and healthy baby food recipes for your infant :
1. Lentils with Carrots and Sweet Potato Recipe
You can make some really delicious baby food recipes for your infant using lentils, which are a great source of iron, protein, and fiber. By the age of 6 months, babies run out of the iron which they acquire from their mothers. Therefore, 6 month baby food menu should include iron-rich healthy foods. Here is an easy to make baby food which is rich in iron and delicious. Hope you like these Indian baby food recipes for 6 months baby.
Lentil Carrot Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 piece Carrot Peeled and finely chopped/grated
- 60 g Red lentils
- 200 g Sweet potato Peeled and chopped
- 1 Whole bay leaf Optional
- 450 ml Water
2. Fruity Rice Pudding Recipe
6 month baby food menu is always a challenge. If you are wondering daily about healthy breakfast for kids then try this delicious recipe which is an ideal breakfast for your baby:
Fruity Rice Pudding
- ½ cup Brown rice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ cup Apples/bananas sliced into small pieces
- 1 pinch Sugar optional
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powde optional
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder optional
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and put all the ingredients together
- Cook this mixture for 30 minutes until rice is soft and occasionally stir to stick to the bottom of the pan
- Remember to keep the consistency of this recipe soupy and not thick and add more water if required
- You can add a bit of cardamom powder for taste! Serve it warm.
Here is hoping that your baby is going to love these finger-licking, quick healthy food recipes and ask for more 🙂. Try this at home and let us know if your baby loved it in the comments below. Please share if you know any baby food recipe for 1 year old.