Looking for healthy food recipes for your 6 month-old baby? We have got you covered. Introducing new flavors to your baby’s food diet after 6 months is a good idea. I introduced Brat H to Indian baby food recipes at 6 months and started with a few fruits. This included bowls of cereal, pulses, rice, and veggies. Sometimes I am still trying to figure out about weaning food. What more can be added to the balanced diet of my 8-month-old infant but the search for healthy food recipes for baby never ends.
Next month, he will be in the 9-12 months old age group! I know!! Time flies. Since he is getting bigger, he can eat various foods that are cooked in our family meal. Depending on the appetite, the infant needs to be fed 2-3 meals. Include 1-2 snacks to your baby having a variety of fruits and vegetables.
2 yummy and healthy baby food recipes for your infant :
1. Lentils with Carrots and Sweet Potato Recipe
You can make some really delicious baby food recipes for your infant using lentils, which are a great source of iron, protein, and fiber. By the age of 6 months, babies run out of the iron which they acquire from their mothers. Therefore, 6 month baby food menu should include iron-rich healthy foods. Here is an easy to make baby food which is rich in iron and delicious. Hope you like these Indian baby food recipes for 6 months baby.
Lentil Carrot Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 piece Carrot Peeled and finely chopped/grated
- 60 g Red lentils
- 200 g Sweet potato Peeled and chopped
- 1 Whole bay leaf Optional
- 450 ml Water
2. Fruity Rice Pudding Recipe
6 month baby food menu is always a challenge. If you are wondering daily about healthy breakfast for kids then try this delicious recipe which is an ideal breakfast for your baby:
Fruity Rice Pudding
- ½ cup Brown rice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ cup Apples/bananas sliced into small pieces
- 1 pinch Sugar optional
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powde optional
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder optional
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and put all the ingredients together
- Cook this mixture for 30 minutes until rice is soft and occasionally stir to stick to the bottom of the pan
- Remember to keep the consistency of this recipe soupy and not thick and add more water if required
- You can add a bit of cardamom powder for taste! Serve it warm.
Here is hoping that your baby is going to love these finger-licking, quick healthy food recipes and ask for more 🙂. Try this at home and let us know if your baby loved it in the comments below. Please share if you know any baby food recipe for 1 year old.
3 thoughts on “2 Tasty Healthy Food Recipes For Your Baby”
Love this! Thank you for sharing!
Love this! Hope you share more baby food recipes. I’m trying to “homemake” baby’s food this time for my 9mo. 😄
Awesome. Sure thing. What all have you been giving so far?