by November 28, 2014 updated on
TCT has compiled a list of development milestones for 1 month old baby..
I am sure every mother is curious about her baby growth week by week. When your baby is a month old, here are some of the activities mothers can expect from a 1 month old baby:
1. Responds to sounds: Some babies have very strong reflexes so they usually tend to have some kind of a response to light sounds as well. Getting started is also pretty normal and they also tend to over-recognize certain specific sounds.
2. Head flops: If the neck is not supported (which should NEVER be the case), the head flops backward.
4. Staring around: Yes, staring at familiar and unknown faces is a milestone!
5. Getting attracted to patterns: Babies tend to stare at black & white or high contrast patterns and they really love it! So encourage them by extending toys in such colors and patterns
6. The concept of follow: Some babies follow objects and sounds.
7. Familiarization with the smell of mother’s breast milk: That’s correct! Babies also develop olfactics. Particularly towards sweet smell and mom’s milk.
Disclaimer: Each baby is different from the other in terms of development mileposts. Don’t panic if your baby hasn’t shown all of the above one-month-markers. However, do speak to your pediatrician if he/she hasn’t achieved even one of these indicators.
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”baby-growth-milestones” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]