With exactly a week to go for Father’s Day, we are sure you must have planned something very special for your real-life superheroes! Families across the world usually spend this special day at home. If the little ones have already decided on the gift, we’d say it’s time to also throw in another surprise on that very day. How about little hands trying their hand at helping you in the kitchen with the making of one or all the below-mentioned easy yummy Father’s Day recipes?
Father’s Day recipes:
Presenting not one, but three yummy Father’s Day recipes as last-minute gifts for your lovely superhero. 1. A corn salad – To being the course with a healthy dish which is safe to make for kids. Health-conscious fathers can be overwhelmed with this salad made by his child. 2. Pad Thai Noodles – To prepare the main course is no longer an impossible task for the kids. 3. Chocolate mug cake – Cakes have inherent magic in connecting hearts. This magic can be used in surprising your father and making him happy. Try anyone of all of these yummy Father’s Day recipes and make the first man in your life the happiest one.
Corn Salad Snack Recipe
- 4 ears corn
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped, optional
- 1 green bell pepper cut into small dice
- 1 red bell pepper cut into small dice
- Handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Some lemon juice
- Rock salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shave the corn off the cob, wash it and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Now, drain off the water and let is cool by placing it in a bowl.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, tomato, cucumber, and cilantro for a good mix. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dress the corn with the mixture, adding additional salt and pepper if required.
Pad Thai Noodles
- 200 Grams- Flat boiled noodles
- 1 bowl Bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Spring onions chopped
- 5-6 Garlic cloves chopped
- 5-6 Florets of broccoli
- 6-8 Button mushrooms sliced
- 1 Medium yellow capsicum seeded
- 1 Small green capsicum seeded
- 2 Medium Carrots thin strips
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Fresh red chilies diagonally sliced
- 1 Spring onion greens chopped
- 3 tsp Roasted peanuts coarsely ground
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Bean sprouts
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, garlic, broccoli, mushrooms, three colored capsicums and carrots, and toss.
- Add noodles, salt, soy sauce, brown sugar, and toss some more. Add fresh red chili and toss again.
- Add spring onion greens and most of the roasted peanuts and toss. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Add lemon juice and bean sprouts.
- Top with the remaining roasted peanuts and serve hot.
Chocolate mug cake
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking soda
- 3 tbsp Milk
- One tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 tbsp Vanilla extract
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a microwave-safe mug; stir in milk, canola oil, water, and vanilla extract.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute 45 seconds. With the help of a knife check the consistency of the cake.
- It should be semi-moist. Your mug cake is ready.
Click here to get your cute and printable Father’s Day cards!
Cooking for your father is not merely a surprise but it is a bonding time. To have the surprise cake handmade by his kids would be any father’s ecstacy. Hence, share these father’s day recipes with your little ones and assist them in surprising their father. Have a happy family time on this Father’s Day.