Common breast infections:
Eight tips to avoid pain during breastfeeding:
1. Ensure proper latching.
2. Ask for doctor referred ointments to help ease nipple soreness.
3. After feeding, apply some dry milk on the nipples and let it dry. It is believed that breast milk has substances that can help in healing and fighting infection.
4. Wear breast shields in between breastfeedings.
5. Try nursing multiple times for a shorter duration.
6. Start feeding from the side that is less sore.
7. Use ice packs and cool compressors on breasts after feeding.
8. Get plenty of rests and fluids.
If, in case, the pain during breastfeeding still persists, ensure you take necessary medical action. Like we stated before, feeding is a beautiful thing and should not be associated with pain. It should be rewarding for your baby as well as you.
Enter your email address to receive our kick-ass updates, offers, work opportunities and get featured.
Get in the holiday spirit with these easy Christmas crafts that will unleash the creative side of your little ones'. Not ONE, but these TEN DIY crafts are also so much to make!