by November 29, 2014 updated on
TCT has compiled a list of baby milestones for 2 month old toddler..
Now that the new-born stage is over, here is what is expected from a two month old baby of yours…
1. Head movement: More steady while lying on stomach
2. Strong reflexes: Means stronger sucking power and so there goes the fist or a few fingers in the mouth!
3. Attraction towards colorful objects, geometrical patterns is stronger: The baby tries to go for colors, tries to grab it. Don’t worry if he/she can’t really hold the tiny little object or your fingers even for a fraction of seconds.
4. Change in sleeping pattern: Sleep gets regulated from now on but again don’t panic if he/she isn’t sleeping for 15 hours. A good 11-12 hours’ sleep (sporadic) is also alright for baby’s development. Besides, breastfed babies will wake moms up atleast twice or thrice during the night.
5. Vision length and hearing is improving: The baby can see your face while you feed him/her. Also enjoys listening to mom’s voice. Therefore, try and engage them in a little chit-chat for they can respond in their own sweet ways. Social smile isn’t quite there but you might see the end of his/her lips breaking into a smile and ya, cries are obviously going to be louder but you will have to figure a way to soothe your child. It could be a lullaby or pat on the back.
Disclaimer: Each baby is different from the other in terms of developmental mileposts. Don’t panic if your baby hasn’t shown all of the above two-month-markers. However, do speak to your pediatrician if he/she hasn’t achieved even one of these indicators.
You might also like: