It is school admission season and parents are at the important step of deciding the right school for their children. Choosing the right fit for your child amidst the list of the top CBSE schools in India can be difficult, as there are a lot of considerations to be made. For example, you must determine the kind of values and ideals that you resonate with before you decide on a particular school for your child. Once you have zeroed in on the right school for your child, it is important to start getting ready for the CBSE school admissions.
CBSE school admission – Process:
As first-time parents, the admission process to the top CBSE schools in India might intimidate you at first glance. Most often, parents rush to over-prepare and overwhelm their children when it comes to the interview and admission process. Here it is important to note that the schools will only ask questions in an interview that a child at a young age can know the answer to! It is however important to do your research and prepare for the school that you chose for your child to attend to leave a good impression on the interviewer. If you are a first-time parent, anxious about the admission process in CBSE schools, then this article is for you!
CBSE school for admission:
The first and foremost thing to note about the CBSE school admissions is to be familiar with the curriculum and do a detailed comparison between CBSE and other national boards. This is truly the most important preliminary step that one should take before the admission process. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each national board, and determine which factors are more important for how you envision your child’s education. This clarity of thought can make the admission process at a school much easier as it helps you to answer with conviction and thought during the scheduled interviews at school!
Next, a parent should always introduce the curriculum material to their child. Once you have decided on the educational board for your child, it is time that you familiarize yourself with your child. Since most school interviews are going to have one or two factual questions for your child, your child should have some understanding of the education that they are about to receive. Children are receptive so brushing over some fundamental topics in math and language can help them answer those questions at the interview well!
Top CBSE schools in India:
Some of the top CBSE schools in India have several tests that you need to take before you confirm your admission and in some cases, those include basic aptitude tests. If you have targeted some of the schools that do conduct these tests, you must prepare your child for these. None of these tests are complicated or difficult, they are just basic tests designed to assess your child’s primary cognitive abilities and senses. If your child has been attending pre-school, or a playgroup, then this makes it easier on the parents! A quick search on the internet will give you a plethora of videos and instructional content that your child can learn and enjoy!
Here’s the list:
1. Delhi Publish School, RK Puram, New Delhi
2. Delhi Publish School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
3. Delhi Publish School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
4. Ramakrishna Mission Vidyapith, Deoghar, Jharkhand
5. Birla High School, Kolkata
6. National Public School, Koramangala, Bangalore
7. Chinmaya International Residential School, Coimbatore
8. National Public School, HSR Layout, Bangalore
9. Delhi Public School, Harni, Vadodara
10. The Heritage School, Sector 62, Gurgaon
11. Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
12. DAV Girls Senior Secondary School, Mogappair, Chennai
13. HAL Public School, Bangalore
14. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Chennithala, Alappuzha
15. National Academy for Learning, Bangalore
16. Bhavan Vidyalaya, Sector 27B, Chandigarh
17. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Neriamangalam, Kerala
18. Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Mylapore, Chennai
19. Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Lodi Estate, New Delhi
20. Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School, Prasanthinilayam, AP
An important thing to understand about the admission process of CBSE schools is that some of them have specialized functions and departments. This is an important thing to note especially for parents who are switching boards for their children. Understand that some schools can have a robust infrastructure for sports, while some may have well-built science labs and esteemed faculty catered towards competitive examinations. Determine which functions and specializations are important for your child. Practice your answers with your child so that all of you are on the same page when it comes to the interview date!