by Udita Saklani
Top quotes for single moms to live by and derive their confidence and happiness out of
Am I up to the challenge of single mom? Well the answer is yes. Before you get me judging, no this is not the life I wanted. But when life threw this challenge at me, I had to accept it gracefully. ‘Single’ parenting is no different from ‘general’ parenting. Both come with same set of challenges like sleepless nights, fussy eaters, finding the right day care for the baby among other things. But when you are a single parent you are all by your own. There are many days when I feel overwhelmed but I find solace in some quotes and messages. These quotes are the ones which resonate with me and provide me my daily dose of confidence and happiness.
Click here to check out some really cool single parent hacks NOW!
1. “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride”
Click here to view some of the best motherhood quotes. Dedicate one to your own mom today!
2. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn’t go as planned, and that’s okay” ~ Rachel Wolchin
3. “It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face the world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel & heartless”
The day I became a single mom, I made a promise to myself that I would raise my little one in a happy environment and not instill any feelings of hate inside her, be it her dad as well. Life is too short; you never know it might take a good turn in future. Yes, I am pretty much positive about our future.
4. “Even on the days, you feel like you are failing, look around. Your child’s smile will bring you right back up”
There are days when I feel like giving up entirely on myself. But then I realize my daughter is watching me and she will become what she watches. So, it’s always better to present yourself as hopeful, cheerful and a positive person, for the kids to have a good role model.
5. “I am a single parent – What’s your super power?”
This is the funniest and quirkiest of the lot. Moms are superwoman, but I feel that single moms are one notch above that as well.
6. “She has to have four arms, four legs, two hearts and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mother”
This saying needs no explanation. A mother’s heart is the best place to find yourself in. She spends the entire day working hard towards keeping her child content and healthy. She needs no help in achieving anything but the best for her little one. So, there is nothing ‘single’ about a ‘single mom’.
7. “Keep the Faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up” ~ Unknown
8. “Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who never give up despite the struggles”
9. “Don’t waste another moment crying over what went wrong! If it wasn’t a blessing — it was a lesson” ~ Paula White
Yes, I did cry initially. I felt it was necessary at that point of time. But like everything the time too has passed and now I am much better and avoid crying at little things and the daily struggles I face.
10. “You can’t change people, either accept who they are or start living life without them.” ~ Unknown
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”positive-inspirational-quotes” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]