by October 29, 2014 updated on
Pregnancy is one of the best years of one’s life. A new life growing inside mother’s womb is nature’s miracle. For me, it just reaffirms god’s existence. Not all of us go through a very pleasant journey though! For me, it was pretty bad. I lost weight in the first trimester. Well, it’s actually alright to lose weight that early in pregnancy but 5 kilos is a hell of a lot! Nevertheless, later, I made up for it and gained a healthy 16 kilos around my due-date.
I know that you must be fully aware of certain foods to avoid when you are expecting, so if you are wondering what food to eat when pregnant? Dont worry, I am sharing a pregnancy food list one MUST consume on the daily basis. Trust me, you will thank me by the end of it because these are the best food for pregnant women.
- Spinach: Boil it, make a salad, fill it in your chapattis, mix it with cottage cheese (paneer) or have a bowl of soup made out of it. Do whatever, but go dark green. This veggie is rich in folate, zinc, vitamins, fibre and iron which is much-needed during pregnancy.
- Beans & Lentils: Flavorsome and a great source of proteins. Besides, it has fiber which is a dear friend of a pregnant lady.
- Sweet Potatoes: A brilliant snack item full of vitamin C, folate, and fiber. Squeeze some lemon on top and sprinkle a hint of chaat masala to make it extremely appetizing.
- Dry fruits | Almonds & Cashews: Good source of vitamins and proteins respectively. Dried fruits & nuts if consumed on the regular basis also help in the prevention of constipation which tends to be a major issue in the first trimester. Besides, it strengthens baby’s bones and teeth. Also, helps in the smooth functioning of baby’s muscles and organs.
- Bananas: It is a wonderful fruit. Cures morning sickness. An excellent source of potassium, which keeps a check on blood pressure (BP needs to be normal for a smooth and Low-Risk pregnancy). If you don’t like the fruit as is, make a smoothie. It is yum-yum!
- Roasted chickpeas & Jaggery: These are MUST-EAT items during pregnancy. The mixture is rich in folic-acid and iron improves hemoglobin.
You might also like: