One of the best spooky decor-related art and craft ideas for kids. Now learn how to make Halloween ghost bunting and flaunt your room with the Halloween inspired theme decoration!
Aarthi Sethuraman of Purple Bee brings to us easy craft ideas for kids which are inspired from the spooky Halloween. DIY ideas are always so much fun. So, this time, why don’t you and the kids get inspired by the awesomely scary yet creative ideas for room theme decoration and produce a wonderful artwork. With Halloween around the corner, decorate your rooms with this easy and do it yourself– ghost bunting craft explained step-by-step.
- Black cardstock
- Googly eyes
- Parchment paper
- Double sided adhesive squares
- Glow in the dark paint (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Hole punch
- Using glue, make an outline in the shape of a ghost on the parchment paper: Explained in the image
- Fill the inside with glue.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 and make as many ghost shapes as you need: Explained in the image
- Place the googly eyes when the glue is still wet.
- Let it dry completely.
- Cut the black card stock into desired shape (rectangle or triangle ) to make the bunting.
- Punch two holes on each rectangle to thread the yarn through it: Explained in the image
- Once dry, cut out the ghost shapes. You can do this using hand since parchment paper is easy to tear.
- Paint using glow in the dark paint. (optional)
- Shake some glitter on top of the ghosts and let it dry. (optional): Explained in the image
- Once the ghost shapes are dry, stick the ghosts on to the black cardstock using double sided adhesive: Explained in the image
- Thread the yarn through the holes
- Spooky Ghost bunting is ready.
- It is optional to use the glow in the dark paint and glitter. If you would like to use just the glitter, use it when the glue is still wet.
This post is the first from the art and craft series produced in collaboration with Purple Bee, an online store selling hands-on activity kits for children, an initiative by Aarthi Sethuraman. For more craft ideas for kids, you can reach her on [email protected]. You can Follow Purple Bee on Facebook!
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”diy-ideas” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]