by March 19, 2015 updated on
For tired mums who are looking to relax themselves, take a look at 3 easy ways to meditate. So, get ready to say goodbye to all the negative feelings, just take a deep breath and let it go!
Your day has been tough? Night was even tougher? You have a splitting headache, but there are piles and piles of laundry to do! The house is a mess.. baby is going through a terrible teething phase. You have caught a flu.. Grocery shopping needs to be done.. Your handset has been acting up.
Oh dear! Mommy, you need a break. Sometimes all you go to do is to completely switch off from all that has been happening around you.
<<Take a deep breath and just let it go!>>
There are quite a few tough moments in a mother’s life (especially if you are a new mother). She just has to go with the flow. Planning works at times and often fails her at the very last minute. Her mornings start on a crazy note, spilled milk, dirty diapers, cranky baby, husband getting late for work..All of this happening at the same time!!
Phew! At that very second, she can either get teary eyed and decide to give up (atleast on that day!) OR start afresh with a bright smile
I used to go into a horrible mode myself and it would only result in a bigger mess. I soon realised that when I was unhappy, the repercussions could be felt across family. And, then one day I decided to let go. How? I started meditating. I am listing down a few easy ways to meditate. They have proved out to be very helpful to me. Here is hoping that you too get the most out of practicing it each day.
- Inhale sharply through the nose, with 1 short and 1 long inhalation (double breath)
- Hold your breath for five seconds
- Exhale compulsorily and with some force through the mouth, with one short and one long exhalation (double breath)
- As you do, try to feel like the load is being thrown out of your system
- Repeat several times
- Begin your meditation with a prayer or light chanting as much as you can
- You can do this anywhere, anytime
- You will also be inviting a lot of positive energies
- Once you are through, you will feel extremely light
3. Sit still:
- Don’t move around, just take a chair and sit down. Think that you have frozen up. Refuse to move for the first few minutes, and you will soon realize that your body will grow calm on its own.
- Your physical and mental restlessness will go down the longer you sit still. Forget about all the mess, creased-up laundry sitting in the bucket, dirty dishes. Forget about it all. Just stay still for a few minutes.
You need to make sure that the meditation posture is well maintained, your back should be straight. It’s best to sit cross-legged on the floor. Reserve a small area within your house exclusively for the meditation and it needs to be well ventilated.
Meditating on a regular basis increases your efficiency, brings a lot of inner peace and joy. Staying still, chanting, talking to god or yourself for a bit relaxes the mind. At the end of the day, if mum is happy then the overall rhythm of the house is well-balanced. Isn’t it mommies?