Learn how to make slime at home and take part in #SlimeStar contest!
On the onset of summer vacation, I’d made up my mind. I wanted to ensure we make the most of this time doing things we love to do. You see, the little one is in love with DIY craft ideas. He likes to do tear-and-paste, plays with play-dough and one of his favorite activities is having fun with slime.
I read somewhere that the slime business is booming. The demand for homemade, pure and toxin-free slime made available without having to spend any money is a dream come true for a mom like me whose little one wants a new pack of slime every other day. So, I did some research and bought a few bottles of Fevicol MR to make colorful, glittery, stretchy, gooey, slime at home.
So, if like me- your kids too have asked you recently to stock up on huge quantities of slime, then here is the frugal way of making it at home without having to spend much time or money on the process. Besides, let me let you in on a secret. Making slime is like de-stressing yourself. I like squishing things. Slime can actually reduce anxiety because it is a sensory experience that calms me down. So, if you ask me, making slime is one of the best things I have done to beat my stress 🙂
Here are a few things required to be able to make slime:
- Fevicol MR 50 gram bottles
- Rangeela Tempera Colors
- Concentrated liquid soap used for utensils
- Baking Soda
- Bowl and spoon to mix the ingredients
- Carrom Board Powder mixed with water or lens solution
- Take a bowl add 100 grams of Fevicol MR. Mix any Rangeela Tempera Colour of your choice. Use a spoon to form an even mixture. Add the concentrated liquid soap, (2tsp) to the Fevicol mixture. Stir well.
- Take another bowl and slowly add a small amount of baking soda (½ tsp) and water and stir well again. Let the solution rest for some time. Now add one tsp of the baking soda mixture to the Fevicol mixture. Stir well.
- Then add the carrom board powder (1/2 tsp) mixed with water or 4 tsps of lens solution. Keep stirring till you get a slimy consistency.
Your slime is ready to be used.
We also tried a few variations to the basic slime. On a rainy day, add glitter to add sparkle to an otherwise dull day. You could add two or more colors for an offbeat colored slime. We also added sprinkles and tiny beads for an unusual looking slime.
This post is a part of the #SlimeStar contest. You can participate by clicking on the link that will tell you how to make slime at home using Fevicol MR
The contest will run until 10th July 2017. There will be 5 winners in total who will be selected to get featured on Nickelodeon channel and Voot app and win amazing gift vouchers just for having fun and making slime. You can upload images/videos of you making slime on Facebook with #SlimeStar and tag @HobbyIdeasIndia. You need to use Fevicol MR to make slime and videos will be given preference. You can also upload your entries here: http://bit.ly/FevicolSlimeStarContest
So, have fun mommas, daddies, and the little ones. Make slime and have heaps of fun!
You might also like: