Two most important tips under baby bathing safety guide gets decoded!
Most babies by the age of 6 months begin to develop a beautiful affinity towards water. They love splashing around in the water with their legs and hands, pretending to be butterflies, dragons and mermaids. However, as parent we need to be mindful of a lot of things when it comes to bath time.
Right from maintaining the right temperature to supporting your baby and restricting the exposure to water, there are some important rules to follow to make your kid’s bath-time safe and fun. However, there are two main underlying concerns which should also be addressed! You can’t ignore the following two tips under the baby bathing safety guide:
1. Use the right body bath:
Most moms aren’t sure if a soap or a baby wash is more effective in cleansing. Well! To each his own, however you need to make sure that the wash/soap is being exclusively used on the baby. No family bathing soap or adult-body wash please! The first few months of you baby’s life are not going to be full of dust and dirt. You must only apply a mild baby wash on the sensitive skin.
TCT recommends: Himalaya’s Gentle Baby Bath which is unique by its natural formulation, infused with the goodness of natural ingredients. This amazing baby bath contains chickpea (it contains antioxidants that are helpful in treating skin diseases and in battling dandruff), fenugreek (traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicines, is an excellent moisturizer), and green gram (makes baby’s skin soft and supple. It removes dirt without causing any irritation). Be assured that this gentle baby bath will deliver it’s promise to cleanse your newborn’s skin, gently, keeping it supple and moisturized long after the bath. Priced at Rs. 140 for a 200 ml bottle, it is the best steal for mommas!
Product rating basis our review:
- Features (Effectiveness in providing relief from dry skin; Fragrance; Reduced flakiness)- 5/5
- Product Design (Ease of usage; Product packaging)– 4.5/5
- Performance (Ease of application; Moisturized skin; Feel on your baby’s skin) – 5/5
- Value for Money – 5/5
2. The right bathing frequency:
Your baby can actually enjoy the bath-time and feel rejuvenated. However, do restrict the bathing time and frequency during change of season and winter months. Make sure to maintain basic hygiene on days the little one doesn’t feel like taking a bath. Choose a mild, baby bath to clean the hair. The ideas is to using a mild cleanser that’s specially designed to maintain the baby’s natural skin barrier. It’s not good to have your baby’s skin getting too dry or irritated.
TCT recommends: Himalaya’s Gentle Baby Bath which is unique by its natural formulation, packed with the goodness of chickpea, fenugreek, which is especially beneficial in hydrating baby’s dry skin, and green gram.
Some Other Do’s and don’ts:
- Always stay with your baby during the bath time.
- Discourage your baby from standing up during the bath time. They can’t maintain their balance and standing during the bath time can cause them to lose their balance and slip.
- Use a kid’s friends baby bath which is packaged well, can be a good travel companion and comes handy wherever possible. Himalaya’s Gentle Baby Bath comes in a light-weight bottle with a proper seal. You just need to pour it onto a wet sponge or hands and apply to baby’s skin whenever required. Lather, rinse and repeat, without getting irritated that it’s slipping from your hands or that it isn’t producing enough lather!
You might also like: