Take a look at 5 health tips every expecting mother should keep in mind. Simplify your life by tracking the pregnancy online!
Pregnancy is the most wonderful stage in a mother’s life. As she prepares for a beautiful journey that lays ahead of her, at the same time it is also important that she takes good care of her body and that of the baby inside the womb. Right from experiencing the first signs of pregnancy (could be nausea, headache, backache, missing your period, feeling bloated, symptoms vary from person to person) to undergoing cravings at different stages of pregnancy, a pregnant woman has to be extremely careful of her health.
1. Eat Well: We agree that a lot of pregnant ladies might not feel like filling up their stomach in one go, at 3 ‘proper’ meal times. So, instead, opt for 6 small meals in a day. Just be sure to take a well-balanced diet rich in iron, proteins, carbs, fiber and other nutrients.
2. Daily Prenatal Vitamin Intake: Follow the instructions of your gynecologist and never ever miss your daily prenatal vitamin dose.
3. Keep Yourself Hydrated: Intake of fluids will make sure you are not dehydrated, constipated or fatigued. It is recommended that you avoid caffeine (in the form of coffee/tea and other beverages). Instead, opt for coconut water, lemonade, butter milk, green tea, etc. Also, stay away from liquor at any cost.
4. Healthy Mind: The best way to make sure you stay healthy is by thinking positive. And for this, exercise or meditate. Click on ‘exercises for pregnant women’ to find out the best possible ways in which you can exercise or meditate without exerting yourself. However, please consult your gynecologist or midwife before deciding to go ahead with it.
5. Sleep It Away: Not all the expecting mothers feel lazy, sleepy or lethargic throughout their pregnancy. Most of the pregnant women feel active post they are 16 weeks pregnant. If an eight hours a night sleep is next to impossible (thanks to the bladder and that constant urge to urinate!) Or you’re suffering from sleep disturbances; we recommend short naps during the day. But, don’t stress over sleeplessness. It is a common problem during pregnancy.
eKincare is a Hyderabad based healthcare start-up founded by a team of seasoned professionals with varied international work experience across product marketing, technology and medicine. You can pay them a visit on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube. Click on the image below to register with them:
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”pregnancy-tips” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby]