by December 1, 2014 updated on
Here are 5 great mom and baby dates to enjoy during winters. Take a look and tell us which one is your favorite!
It’s that time of the year where days get shorter and there is never enough time to finish a handful of tasks. For a stay-at-home-working-mom, life only gets tougher. But I try to keep a stringent check on the time being spent. Taking care of my lil brat H, in between cooking meals, ensuring Ace’s clothes are well done and properly arranged in the wardrobe, preparing never-ending weekly grocery list and to top it all, a cleanliness freaky me who wants to be sure that the house is clean. Argh! Sounds like I am a maniac, no? But then who wants to sleep away such wonderful years of one’s life?
Before H happened, I had a full time job and now I am a 24 hours slave;). Kudos to all the wonderful working mothers and moms like me who negotiate their precious ‘me-time’ to pursue a career for let’s say our inner-gratification. But while all this is ongoing, I often ask mothers about how they spend quality time with their infants/toddlers? I usually get a very boring response- “we take kids to the nearby mall on winter weekends. An indoor activity such as this one keeps them warm and busy.” Now it is clearly such a sad thing to happen to us all. Taking our LOs to a shopping arcade for how do you think they plan to enjoy this mechanical bustle? I mean, men and women herding around the glass panel which is shrieking out ‘SALE’ in their eyes and ears. How uncool!
So, TCT has got some super fun and interesting dates that mom and baby can go on at this time of the year..
1. Soak in some winter sun and enjoy your midday meal of fruits. Take a stroll around the block and have a sit-down time where both of you can enjoy a bowl full of fresh fruits. A bit of a lazy time together.
2. Head to the nearby bakery for a visual treat that does flavored teas and coffees too. While mom can enjoy her cuppa with fresh croissant, the baby gets warm cuddles.
3. Night spend at a nearby resort. A well-deserved break for our super-busy, exhausted mom. Take a night off from cooking and check-in to a nearby resort. It will be a change for mum and baby. Just that mommas, don’t forget to book a spa for yourself while the baby has a play-date scheduled with his/her daddy dear 🙂
4. Visit a garden, particularly around the peak bloom time. Introduce your baby to a world full of beautiful colors and smells. Let them explore Mother Nature. Besides, it is so rejuvenating!
5. Attend winter fest/crafts bazaar/ any other creative event happening in your town. Take your baby along in a sling or stroller and get inspired, the two of you!
Hope mom and baby spend some great time having fun together! Stay warm the two of you 🙂
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”mother-and-child” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]