- 1 If you are a DIY-sort-of-a-person, then try out any of these cost-effective, homemade DIY pregnancy tests to check whether you are pregnant!
- 2 1. Bleach Pregnancy Test:
- 3 2. Wine Pregnancy Test:
- 4 3. Toothpaste Pregnancy Test:
- 5 4. Vinegar Pregnancy Test:
- 6 5. Sugar Pregnancy Test:
- 7 6. Soap Pregnancy Test:
- 8 Subscribe to Blog via Email
by Suditsha Sanyal
If you are a DIY-sort-of-a-person, then try out any of these cost-effective, homemade DIY pregnancy tests to check whether you are pregnant!
Still unsure whether you are pregnant or not? Or perhaps, didn’t get enough time to buy a commercial pregnancy test kit to check it? Whatever may be the reason, here are few easy homemade DIY pregnancy tests which can ease your confusion.
1. Bleach Pregnancy Test:
This is one of the reliable methods and gives a quicker result as compared to others. All you need to do is take a container and collect the first urine of the day, now add bleaching powder and mix it well. Avoid lump formation. If the mixture starts to foam and fizz, it indicates pregnancy.
Note: While performing the pregnancy test it is necessary to keep in mind few basic things:
- Always remember to use the first urine of the day as it has concentrated hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) levels and collect considerable amount so that the test can be performed properly.
- Always use plastic container and spatula for collecting urine.
- Have patience and wait for at least five to ten minutes for the reaction to occur.
2. Wine Pregnancy Test:
I know this sounds weird to a wine lover. But wine can help in detecting pregnancy and this is also a reliable and time-tested method. Just take half a cup of wine and half a cup of urine and mix it. If the color of the wine changes it indicates pregnancy.
3. Toothpaste Pregnancy Test:
One of the most common ingredients found in any household – the ubiquitous toothpaste – can help in detecting pregnancy. All you need to ensure is that the toothpaste needs to be white in color. Take two tablespoons of toothpaste and add urine sample. If the color changes to blue or becomes frothy, then it indicates pregnancy.
4. Vinegar Pregnancy Test:
Vinegar is a common ingredient in any kitchen. This is again a hassle-free easy process. Add little vinegar and urine sample and mix it well. Have patience and observe the color. If the color of the vinegar changes it indicates a positive result.
5. Sugar Pregnancy Test:
One of the easiest DIY pregnancy tests. Take one tablespoon of sugar and add one tablespoon of a urine sample. If the sugar reacts and forms clumps it means pregnancy, whereas if the sugar dissolves it indicates a negative result.
6. Soap Pregnancy Test:
Another common ingredient in any household is a bar of soap. For detecting pregnancy you can use any soap of any color and fragrance. All you need to do is just take the soap big enough to hold in your hand and pour urine sample on it and observe the reaction. If the soap forms bubbles then it indicates pregnancy.
Disclaimer: These tests may not be 100% correct, in case if you are uncertain, please speak to your gynecologist.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”first-sign-of-pregnancy” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]