This Holi, celebrate the bright festival with homemade, organic and 100% safe -dry colors. Here is how to make them with the help of your little ones!
Spring season, has signed in and the festival of colors, Holi is just a week away. A fun-filled happiest festival with a splash of colors and delicious sweets and savories. In the excitement of the festival, let’s not forget the repercussions of the festival. The synthetic dyes and chemicals used in the colors bought from the market may cause health issues such as colors such as allergy, rashes, cold, cough etc.
To avoid this, let’s go green. Let’s go organic. Get your children involved in the family day activities. On Holi, let’s make time and prepare some amazing colors at home in simple methods. Here are some amazing homemade colors recipe which you can prepare at home.
1. Red color:
Red color epitomizes the purity and sensuality. An auspicious color used in almost all the holy occasions, red color is a mandatory color of Holi. Take a look of the method.
- Sun dry the red rose petals till they become crisp and crunchy. Grind it in a mixer and add little white flour to increase the quantity.
- Red hibiscus flower can also be parched in the sun and powdered in the mixer later.
- A liter of water added to the two tablespoons of powders would give you the wet red color Holi water which can be filled in the water gun.
2. Green color:
Green is the color of life and happiness. Green color represents nature and creativity. Below is the quick way to a create green color Holi powder.
- Blend an equal quantity of pure henna powder with flour to get a green color powder.
- You can also use neem leaves, boil them in a water, strain, and crush them. Mix it with the same water to get a liquid form of the color or mix it with flour to get the dry color.
- Green color can also be prepared with the leaves of spinach, coriander, mint etc.
3. Yellow color:
Knowledge and Learning is what yellow color is all about. A sneak-peek into the quick yellow color recipe.
- Two parts of turmeric and four parts of flours, mixed with each other will give you a beautiful bright yellow color.
- Yellow chrysanthemums can also be mixed with the above if you wish to increase the brightness of the color.
- Well boiled marigold flowers can be soaked overnight in a water to give you the wet yellow color.
4. Saffron or orange color:
Saffron or orange color denotes fire. When the filths are burnt in the Holi fire, it marks the beginning of pure and positive aspects of life. A homemade recipe for saffron or orange color:
- Orange colored marigold flowers can be sun dried and crushed into powder. Further, when added with equal quantities of flour would make a stunning orange color powder.
- A few strands of saffron soaked overnight in water, later diluted with water can yield a beautiful wet saffron color.
5. Blue color:
Blue color means bravery and grit. Scroll a little to know an easy recipe.
- Blue colored Gulmohar flower petals can be dried and crushed in mixer.
- Even Jacaranda flower petals can be used to get a beautiful blue color powder.
- Adding water to these powders can give an amazing wet version of the color.
Isn’t this one of the best fun activities to do with kids? Teach them how to make such beautiful, homemade colors at home. Have fun and wishing you a very Happy Holi in advance!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”natural-home-remedies” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]