by Ila Asthana
Check out these awesome cooking hacks no woman ever told you before!
Being a mother and handling hundreds of tasks every day, requires a lot of prior planning of the daily chores. Take a quick glance of these simple, handy and convenient cooking hacks, tips and tricks, which will ease you day-to-day errands of your world of the kitchen.
1. Slicing tomatoes for salad: Place the cherry tomatoes, between the two plates and slice through them with a knife. Quick and easy way to cut all the tomatoes in one go, for salads.
2. Tackle stale bread: Don’t through the stale bread. Just sprinkle some water, bake it in the oven for 5-10 minutes to make it hot and crusty.
3. Fish grill: Grilling a fish needs the tweak of lemon slices. Place the fish on the top of the lemon slice, it will be much easier and faster to cook and it will also infuse the zesty flavor of the lemons.
4. Properly poached eggs: White vinegar is the secret ingredient for a perfect poached egg. Soak the eggs for a few minutes (10 – 15) in white vinegar before breaking them open, once poached.
5. Baked food can stay fresh for a longer period: Baked meal loses its freshness, crunchiness and taste, if not used immediately. Put the food in a plastic bowl along with a slice of an apple, which will help it to retain the moisture of the food and stay delicious for much longer.
6. Herbs can stay fresh for much longer time: Microwave the herbs for 20 second intervals, till the herbs are completely dried out and after which they can be crushed. Store them in refrigerator to retain their freshness and can be used for several weeks.
7. Non-messy pancake making: A pancake batter can be blended in a zip lock plastic or pastry bag and can be stored as such in the refrigerator. This will create less mess and save a lot of time. Mix pancake batter in a plastic bag to save time and make less of a mess.
8. ‘Healthy’ pancakes: Pancakes can be made not just with regular all-purpose flour, but also with other health products such as protein powder, almond milk, oat flour and frozen fruit. These can be nutritional and diet-friendly.
10. Easy way to make chocolate bowls: A balloon can be a perfect tool to create edible chocolate bowls. Pour some melted chocolate on an inflated balloon and cool it. Burst the balloon slowly and you get your bowls to serve the dessert.
You might also like: