by June 10, 2015 updated on
Here is a list of household items that SHOULD be kept away from the reach of your toddler. Afterall, SAFETY is every parent’s top priority!
Brat H has become really naughty. He has been crawling-running, can walk with very little support and has been asking for extra attention. The other day he was playing with my pearl necklace! I kept watching him, it looked so cute and after a while (and to my horror), I saw him putting that necklace in his mouth. Argh!! I am not worried about the germs that he maybe swallowing (well, yes, that’s a concern too), but I was concerned about his safety. ‘Safety’ is my top priority with a toddler. You cannot just leave them without any watch, especially toddlers who have the curiosity in eating and touching everything at their reach.
There are so many things that we use on daily basis.. Things that are household essentials which should be kept away from your curious infant/toddler’s reach. Here is a list for your quick reference:
1. Small, round, tiny things: Coins, earrings, sewing buttons, batteries, tiny toys/figurines, nuts and bolts, raw lentils, beads and the list is endless. Basically, anything that is too small for you to notice is a dangerous something for your toddler
3. Hot stuff: Hot beverages, hot cooking oil, hot iron rod, hot dishes. By ‘HOT’, I also mean anything that is hot and spicy, e.g. hot curry, red chillies.
4. Medicines: Please keep syrups and capsules far from your toddler’s reach. Even products used for kids that are left unattended, such as a bar of bathing soap or an open oil bottle for that matter. Kids can confuse them with yummy candies! Yeah, that’s annoying.. The way their minds work..
5. Electric items: Hot iron/iron box, electric wires, switches, table fans, blenders, grinders, vacuum cleaner. Anything that operates on electricity should be child-proofed.
6. Glass based products: Vase and other decoratives/figurines, bottles, bulbs, your pair of reading glasses, bangles, and even the traditional thermometer which is used for recording temperature!
Yes, and bathroom slippers too!
Wish I could also mention gadgets like laptops but I would exclude Amazon Kindle & my MotoG mobile phone because my Kindle helps me read lovely stories to Brat H and MotoG helps me play beautiful rhymes anywhere anytime!
Click below image to explore Kindle 🙂
Click below image to explore MotoG 🙂
You might also like: