by Aarti Kapur Singh
Check out 18 stylish and gorgeous outfit ideas for Karva Chauth. So, mommies, get ready to look sizzling hot this festive season!
My first memories of Karva Chauth are of my mother waking up early in the morning to have sargi – and invariably I would wake up too. Because helping her meant we could get over with the household chores at the earliest possible and get down to putting on beautiful mehndi designs. I remember her dressing in gorgeous sarees, some from her wedding trousseau wearing lovely jewelry for the evening pooja. I would, most excitedly, make sets out of the glass bangles for her to wear, matched with her outfit.
1. If the latest fashion weeks are to be believed, this season, festive dressing is about dark colors, striking contrasts and large motifs.
2. That being said, pristine whites, indulgent creams and dewy hues will certainly stand out. At Rahul Mishra, hand-done embroidery wove a tale of monsoon-inspired motifs including chintz-esque florals and beautifully crafted peacocks. Having never been a big fan of color, Mishra continued to take his white baton forward with creams, ivories, delicate golds along with indigos and blacks for contrast. When wearing pearly shades, remember to amp up your makeup game.
3. Sometimes, it’s hard to break out of the color mold. So, if you are afraid of ditching bright shades completely, go for versions of gold. Glimmering gold – oozing luxury is high of fashion radars. Pair metallic gold with Belgian browns and vanilla shades.
4. In terms of silhouettes, the focus is on easy breezy outfits that flow with ease. Anupama Bose through her ‘Satrangi’, during the Lakme Fashion Week gave one of her most fantastic pieces mostly consisting of silk- a perfect blend of traditional couture with a subtle kiss of modernity. Ghaghras, saris with floor length Cape blouses, chogas – classics from the Indian textile heritage are all in vogue. Dhoti pants, long cape blouses, dhoti sarees and kaftans are also in vogue for fuss-free festivities.
5. For those faithful to lehengas, take inspiration from Anita Dongre’s collection that was a crisp flavor of Indian royal fabrics and designs dominated by Rajasthani weaves. Who can forget mommy-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan’s grand outfit that she modeled for Rohit Bal!
6. Mirrorwork is also popular as a surface embellishment technique for the season. Pair a mirror-work blouse with a saree in a solid color.
7. After skirts, dresses, bags and shoes, fringes have made their way to the traditional Indian garments. From fringe blouses to fringe-finished saris and dupattas, this Indo-Western fusion trend is a must try for Karva Chauth.
8. Also, if you plan to stick with the normal saree-blouse routine, at least attempt to drape the saree differently – perhaps with a belt – or wear it with a structured blouse..
Here are a few ideas to inspire you..
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”fashion-tips” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]