Check out 10 effective ways to ease morning sickness and nausea during pregnancy!
Morning sickness during pregnancy is a common problem experienced by pregnant women the world over.
What is morning sickness?:
It is an uneasy feeling of nausea that may lead to vomiting.
When does it occur?:
Why does it occur?:
There are no known reasons; however, some studies suggest that morning sickness during pregnancy occurs due to hormonal changes. Many experts also believe that increased estrogen level, excess stomach acids, or low blood sugar to be the reason.
How can you ease it?:
Here are some simple tips on how to stop vomiting during pregnancy.
1. Don’t remain on an empty stomach. Munch something every few hours.
2. When you awaken in the morning, take support and sit up slowly. Keep plain biscuits or rusks on hand and eat immediately.
3. Have potassium-rich foods like bananas for breakfast.
4. Step out for an early morning stroll. Avoid going out in the heat.
6. Stay hydrated. Sip water throughout the day except during meals.
7. Avoid hot food as the smell may nauseate you.
8. When you feel the urge to hurl, just lie down and rest for some time.
9. Watch TV or read a book to divert your attention when you feel the nausea rising.
10. When feeling nauseous, sniff a cut lemon or peppermint. You may also add lemon drops to tea or water.
How to handle other problems that come with morning sickness?
If your morning sickness is accompanied by dizziness, infrequent urination, dehydration, and sudden weight loss, it may be need medical attention. Consult your doctor in such cases.
To make your pregnancy easy, follow these home remedies for nausea and be stress-free as nausea and vomiting are just indications of a healthy pregnancy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”pregnancy-tips” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]