by Udita Saklani
Check out our highly recommended list of safe beauty products to use during pregnancy!
Nothing makes us women decode products with a closer detail, after getting pregnant. In addition to the morning sickness women also get a magical eye for detail which makes them read each ingredient which makes up the product. As an expecting mom, a woman makes sure that the products she is using on her body are extremely safe to use, as certain chemicals or ingredients in beauty products can cause harm to the developing fetus and cause irreparable loss. With a wide variety of products available in the market and every other brand coming up with chemical-free products, the decision to choose a product becomes more confusing. Are you also an expecting mom? And wondering what all beauty products you should now shift to, considering the health of your unborn baby. Fret not. We bring to you the top 10 safest beauty products to be used throughout and even post pregnancy.
1. Bio Oil: This is one product which every woman and expecting mothers swears by across the world. Since pregnancy involves expansion of the sin due to the growing belly, Bio Oil provides the desired suppleness and is also said to prevent stretch marks from appearing.
2. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter: Palmers is a world-famous brand covering both mom and baby products. The lotion contains cocoa butter (which acts as a great moisturizing agent), vitamin E, collagen, elastin, and shea butter, which is safe to use during pregnancy.
3. Kama Ayurveda’s Dhanwantharm Thailam for Pre and Post Natal Treatment: Kama Ayurveda is a renowned brand which promotes the message of authentic Ayurveda. The potent anti-oxidant effect of this oil rejuvenates the body and skin. It also prevents stretch marks and eases muscle pain during pregnancy.
4. Forest Essential’s Mother’s Stretch Mark Oil- Nalpamarathy Keram: This oil specifically targets stretch marks and patches that appear on the skin during pregnancy.
5. DIY Hibiscus blush: This one is a DIY, so you can make this at home. Since there are only natural products involved these are completely safe to use during pregnancy. Mix 3tbsp and 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder in a bowl. Apply this like you would do with any other blush and make this a staple of your make up regime.
6. Mustella Stretch Mark Prevention Cream: The Mustella cream contains active ingredients like avocado peptides, beeswax which provides moisturization and nourishment, leaving skin feeling soft.
7. DIY Coffee Scrub: Dead skin and clogged pores are one of the main enemies which women of today are fighting with increased pollution levels. Pregnancy also does not permit us, women, to go to the parlor all the time, for the fear of developing an allergic reaction. This DIY scrub just comes as a rescue in those situations. In a medium size bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, coffee grounds, olive oil and mix well. Add the scrub to a jar and store it for future use.
8. Forest Essential’s Mother’s Back Pain Oil- Kshadathylam: The growing belly often becomes a cause for worry as women progress in their pregnancy. The ingredients in this oil are said to ease the pain, at the same time being completely safe and natural.
9. Kama Ayruveda’s Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: We all know coconut oils good properties be it any sphere of life-Right from cooking to the application on the body and its benefits, so motherhood is not an exception. An ideal moisturizer for the body, it makes the skin smooth and even textured. Since this one is completely natural, expecting mommies shouldn’t be thinking twice about using this product.
10. Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer DryTouch Sunblock SPF 50+: The Neutrogena sunscreen gets instantly absorbed into your skin leaving it soft and smooth. The oil-free formula is great and would not feel heavy on your skin.
Image source: 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
You might also like: [display-posts tag=”do-it-yourself-ideas” image_size=”thumbnail” posts_per_page=”5″ wrapper=”div” orderby=”rand”]