by June 24, 2015 updated on
Tired of dry, scaly skin? Pregnancy hormones working overtime? Want to lighten those stretch marks? Then this post is very useful for you. Take a look at top 5 pre and post-natal beauty products every mother should have in her kit!
1. Kama Ayurveda- Dhanwantaram Thailam Pre-Post Natal Treatment Oil: A pre and postnatal treatment, which improves skin texture, elasticity and reduces stretch marks. This treatment rejuvenates the body and increases immunity. Made with Sesame Oil, Gooseberry, Vetiver, Indian Madder and SidaCordifolia, also known as Bala in Ayurveda, this product is 100% natural and that’s what I love about Kama Ayurveda! Besides, for me, this oil treatment means it’s time to relax. Getting my body massaged with Kama’s Dhanwantaram used to leave me feeling heavenly and divine. And just when I thought I was going to go into a deep beauty sleep, just then.. Right then the baby would wake up.
Priced at Rs. 475 (INR), the product is available at your nearest Kama Ayurveda store in town.
2. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter– Fast Absorbing Hand Cream: I don’t know about you, but when you have little ones, you seem to constantly have your hands in water – doing laundry, washing dishes, rinsing the dishcloth to wipe the benches down, and after changing nappies at frequent intervals you are washing them with soap at least once an hour. My hands get so dry and very cracked. Palmer’s® Cocoa Butter Formula® Fast Absorbing Hand Cream provides rapid relief for dry, uncomfortable hands. This lightweight formula delivers necessary moisture without any greasy after feel. Leaves hands (and I apply it on feet too) feeling soft, supple & smooth.
3. Kama Ayurveda- Muscle Tone Firming Treatment Oil: A 100% Ayurvedic firming oil. Prescribed in Ayurveda as a treatment to tone breasts and abdominal muscles. Ideal for nursing mothers and body-conscious women. This product is a blend of selected herbs and oils, such as sesame oil, clarified butter, sweet flag, turmeric, and lavender, which help tighten and firm muscles with regular use. In Ayurveda, this treatment is recommended to lift and firm the breasts and strengthen the abdominal muscles. The regular application also helps improve the appearance of stretch marks on the abdominal and lower back region.
Priced at Rs. 650 (INR), the product is available at your nearest Kama Ayurveda store in town.
4. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula- Skin Therapy Oil Rosehip: Often during pregnancy your skin can change dramatically due to the changes in hormone levels and you feel like a teenager all over again. I didn’t experience pimples during pregnancy but did notice changes in my pigmentation and a slight eruption with dry patches around the neck area. And guess what came to my rescue? Yes! Indeed my favorite brand- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula. Their Skin Therapy Oil, Rosehip, is an advanced multi-purpose skin perfection product that can be used all over body and face. This preservative-free, phthalate free, lightweight formula contains an exclusive blend of key ingredients formulated to help improve the appearance of scars, dry patches, damaged skin, uneven skin tone, aging skin and fine lines and wrinkles. Skin looks and feels instantly soft and smooth with this unique, non-greasy, non-staining formula.
5. Mothercare- It’s Your Body Pure Lanolin Nipple Cream: Ease the discomfort of cracked and sore nipples with It’s Your Body Pure Lanolin Nipple Cream, a gentle cream made from 100% pure lanolin. The initial phase of feeding my baby left me in pain. Those sore nipples can make breastfeeding difficult, and one day when I thought I wouldn’t be able to carry on this way, I picked up the phone and spoke to my lactation consultant. What a blessing in disguise. She recommended the It’s Your Body Pure Lanolin Nipple Cream and I swear it helped! The cream has been specially created to keep you comfortable, so you can continue feeding your little one without feeling achy or sore. Convenient for everyday use, and handy too, it’s great for keeping the tube in a pocket or handbag for use whenever you need relief. The best part is that you don’t need to wipe it off before the next feed, so it’s a safer solution for you and your baby.
You might also like: