Christmas is never complete without a delicious, scrumptious Christmas cake. There wouldn’t be a single-family out there without the plum cake in the kitchen. We either bake it, buy it or gift it but we never skip it. This Christmas, I decided to bake it but alas! Wherever I looked, I could see rum cake recipes or recipes that looked complicated and messy. How to make a rich Christmas cake recipe kid-friendly?
What came to my rescue was a friend’s recipe posted on one of India’s leading kid’s food brand’s websites – Slurrp Farm. Why don’t you ask your kids to join in making fun Christmas fruit cake?
Christmas cake recipe
- 1 cup Slurrp Farm Vanilla Cake Mix
- 30 ml Butter
- 50 ml Yogurt
- 60 ml Warm water
- ½ cup Mixed dry fruits
- ½ cup Cashew nuts (Chopped)
- ¼ cup Black raisins
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp Clove powder
- A pinch of Salt
- The recipe is divided into three parts: Caramelising the sugar, batter preparation, and baking. Caramelising the sugar is the first part. It is a key step as it gives the cake a special flavor that makes plum cakes stand out. Make sure you caramelize it at low heat, to avoid burning the sugar The second step is making the batter. Batter preparation was made easy and mess-free by the Slurrp Farm cake mix that I used. Use your favorite dry fruits to make them taste the way you like. You can use cherries, plum, dates, and even orange peels. The third step, baking, is a trial and error method. The duration of baking and temperature depends on the oven you use. The temperature mentioned in our post is suitable for microwave or conventional oven.
Unrefined sugar syrup
- Open the entire sachet of unrefined sugar and caramelize it at low heat. Take it off the heat and pour 1/4 cup water so that the sugar hardens. Heat the mixture again so that the crystals dissolve completely. Set aside for cooling. Preheat the oven at 160 degree celcius
- Mix sachet 2 of Slurrp Farm cake mix in yogurt, butter, and water. Blend everything with an electric beater or whisk thoroughly. Add caramelized unrefined sugar, dry fruits, and nuts along with the spices and salt.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake it in the preheated oven (at 160degree C) for 30 minutes. Make sure the cake is dark brown and a skewer/toothpick if inserted comes out with crumbs. Once the cake is baked properly, let it cool and dust with icing sugar.
It is a guarantee that your kids would love this Christmas cake recipe. Do try this easy plum cake recipe and share the pictures with us. Share your suggestions in the comments sections below.
17 thoughts on “Christmas Cake Recipe 2020 For Your Kids – Also A Hit In 2021”
I’m searching for cake recipe . I found your blog post. Thanks for sharing.
Your post is so timely I just brought slurp farm’s cake mix will try this.
Wow…this is super easy recipe. I love baking cakes and will surely try this one next time.
I love baking and Christmas is the best time to make delicious cakes. This one looks so yummy. I will try this out for sure
Wow super easy recipe for sure 😊👌 I love desserts and cakes a lot so this one’s really my favorite
This creates the seasonal spirit with this stunning Christmas cake. It will be a hit with the whole family and kids will love getting involved with the decorating. Great thoughts.
Cake looks yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
I love eating and baking cakes. Will try out this recipe in the coming weekend.
thanks for the yummy Christmas cake recipe…. surely going to try it out for my champe
This is a nice recipe for a cake. Especially like the fact that the cake mix is eggless, and is something we would love to try.
I must sya its really easy to make..thanks and share this type of easy and yummy recipes.
This cake is super easy. And the presentation in the picture is so attractive. Will try this soon.
Wow this looks very simple… Thanks for this recipe
That’s a easy recipe. I like how nicely you have explained everything with pictures. Will try at home.
I am already hungry. This cake looks so yummy. I will definitely try this at home. Thank you for such a great blog🤗🤗💖.
Wow this is looking really yummmm I’ll try this Definately try this for my kiddos
Will try this recipe for my lil one ☺️