by Aarti Kapur Singh
Take a look at best of the best Karwa Chauth pooja thali designs available online. So, all your busy moms out there, shop now and amp up your style quotient!
Food items, beauty essentials, cosmetics, clothing and pooja items constitute the must-haves of Karwa Chauth.
But the most important of all is the Karwa Chauth pooja thali (plate), also known as ‘baya’. Karwa Chauth thali items include vermilion, sacred water, almonds, a diya (earthen lamp) and a few Indian sweets, in their respective katoris (bowls). The art of creating attractive thalis for pooja may also involve ritualistic decoration like rangoli and alpana. A small pitcher or Karaa with some water is placed in the center. While the story is being narrated, ladies circulate their decorated Baya thalis. After the pooja, this thali is given to the eldest member of the family who blesses the woman with prosperity and happiness.
Here are a few ideas to help you decorate your own Karwa Chauth pooja thali..
1. Thali Decoration With Sequins:
1. Pick a new thali and clean it. Don’t forget to dry it thoroughly.
2. Collect some colorful sequins, buttons or crystal stones.
3. Stick these in artistic patterns around your thali.
4. After the ceremony, you can wash the thali with warm water and wipe it.
2. Karwa Chauth Pooja Thali with Mirror Mosaic:
1. Pick a steel plate or a ceramic/ melamine plate of your choice.
2. Make a paste with Plaster of Paris (POP) and smear on the thali.
3. Stick mirror pieces over the POP in attractive patterns, keeping a space of nearly 1 mm between each piece of mirror.
4. Leave the thali to dry and the mirrors to adhere to the surface at least overnight.
3. Thali Decoration with Laces or Gota:
1. Pick a plain steel thali or melamine plate from your kitchen cabinet.
2. Spread out beautiful myriad colored papers and stick on the thali.
3. Now decorate your pooja thali with golden laces and shimmering miniature mirror at the corner of your thali.
4. Your special lace-decorated pooja thali is ready for use for the special occasion.
So, all you busy new moms out there, don’t panic if you can’t create your own pooja thali. There are also options available to order a ready-made Karwa Chauth pooja thali!
Click on the ‘image source’ 09 onwards (mentioned towards the end of this post) to purchase below mentioned thalis online!
Happy Karwa Chauth ladies!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You might also like: